5 Signs it is time to replace your doors
Christmas has now passed, the festivities have drawn to a close but what remains are the cold and frosty mornings. Whether draughts are seeping into your home or your property has poor heat retention, this blog post will highlight some of the signs that it may be time to replace your doors.
New year, new doors? Despite their importance, doors are often overlooked during home improvement projects or renovations. Replacing your doors not only improves your property’s overall aesthetic but can help reduce energy bills and offer increased security. With this in mind, here are some of the key indicators that it might be time to replace your doors:
- Cold draughts and exterior noise – Fully functioning doors are excellent for keeping draughts at bay and shutting out noise, one of the most prominent signs your doors need replacing is cold draughts and noise seeping into your property. If this does occur, this could be an indicator that there is an issue with the frame or the door has warped. By replacing your doors with thermally efficient ones, this could increase heat retention which contributes towards lower energy bills and improving your home's energy efficiency.
- Difficult to open – If your door doesn’t open or close correctly, squeaks loudly when in use or its movement is limited it is time to replace your door. Doors that are difficult to open not only are impractical but can pose a significant health and safety risk.
- Visible damage – Visible damage is one of the most obvious signs your door may need replacing. Cracks, dents or warping can cause a breach in security for your property which can jeopardise the safety of your home, family and belongings.
- Broken locks and hinges – Door locks and hinges that do not function correctly can also pose a security risk. Doors that are sturdy and feature correctly fitted hinges and locking systems can help enhance security in the event of a physical attack.
- Aesthetic appeal – Rusty hinges, faded paint or perhaps you’ve simply fallen out of love with your doors and you feel your property needs a makeover. By replacing your doors you can customise the exterior of your home to reflect your sense of style, draw out your property’s natural charisma and instantly increase kerbside appeal.
Featuring a 48mm thick solid timber core and ultra-secure steel door frame reinforcing courtesy of a Kommerling profile system, our composite doors also use an Astral S pick resistant multi point locking system to provide enhanced protection against physical attack.
In addition to this, our high-quality composite doors surpass traditional wooden doors in terms of energy efficiency, functionality and performance therefore they are the ideal solution if you’re looking to replace your doors. Designed to withstand the gruelling weather conditions they’re fade resistant, hard wearing and require minimal maintenance. With a large range of colours and styles to choose from, you can customise your brand new composite door to create an attractive and visually pleasing entryway to your home.
Contact us to receive a free no-obligation quote or get in touch with our friendly team on 01484 519 677.